How to use the Library Catalogue
ORDERING ITEMS FROM THE ELECTRONIC CATALOGUE
In the Library of the Faculty of Philology books and journals have to be ordered electronically.
1. Orders can be placed from any computer connected to the Internet.
2. Begin your search with the computer catalogue on the web site of the University Library
3. DO NOT ORDER ITEMS FROM:
– the Open Access Area having call numbers beginning with WD (BFIL wolny dostęp) or ZAJ
– the Main Library and libraries of other faculties.
4. To place an order, log in on the University Library web site:
– your login number (you have to be registered in the library to get the login)
– PIN number: the final four digits of your login
5. Find the required item in the catalogue and order it directly from the catalogue.
6. You must choose the place where you will collect the items. When borrowing books home, click on “Wypożyczalnia WFIL” (Lending Department); when you want to read them on the premises, click on “Czytelnia WFIL” (Reading Room).
IF YOU DO NOT FIND THE ITEMS YOU NEED IN THE ELECTRONIC CATALOGUE, USE THE CARD CATALOGUE.
1. You MUST NOT make “Fast Add” orders for books and journals included in the computer data base.
2. If the description of a book or a journal can be found ONLY in the card catalogue, use the FAST ADD function after having logged in.
3. Fill in the title, the author, and the call number(s) as required. The call number MUST OBLIGATORILY BE PRECEDED by the symbol of a given departmental library:
ZBP – BIBLIOTEKA FILOLOGII POLSKIEJ
ZBIA – BIBLIOTEKA INTYTUTU ANGLISTYKI
(Institute of English Studies)
ZBIR – BIBLIOTEKA INTYTUTU RUSYCYSTYKI
(Institute of Russian Studies)
ZBIKW – BIBLIOTEKA KULTUROZNAWSTWA
ZBKG – BIBLIOTEKA KATEDR GERMANISTYKI
ZBKFR – BIBLIOTEKA FILOLOGII ROMAŃSKIEJ
ZBKB – BIBLIOTEKA KATEDRY BIBLIOTEKOZNAWSTWA
ZBSL – BIBLIOTEKA KATEDRY SLAWISTYKI
ZBKFK – BIBLIOTEKA FILOLOGII KLASYCZNEJ
4. When a book has several call numbers, you have to fill in all of them (box “sygnatura”), separating them with commas.
5. When ordering journals, put a full stop (period) in the “autor” box, and the relevant data: volume, year, etc., in the “sygnatura” box. “Czytelnia WFIL” (our library’s reading room) is to be given in the “Odbiór zamówionych materiałów” (Collecting books and journals) box.
6. The following rule obtains:
ONE ORDER = ONE VOLUME
FAULTY ORDERS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED !!!!